Monday, August 8, 2011

The Big Apple Bites: Adrienne's Pizzabar

If only a walk down Wall Street would bring some luck.  With so many uncertainties these days, there is one thing I know for sure:  If I were a NY trader right now (or probably any time, for that matter), I'd be drowning my sorrows on nearby Stone Street in the plethora of pubs and eateries flanking it.



Restaurants line the aptly named Stone Street.



If it weren't for the heat wave, dining al fresco may have won us over.

At the top of my list of hangouts would be Adrienne's Pizzabar. 




In a city that could be paved with pizza, you take note when you see this sign posted in a restaurant's window:




Named "Favorite Place to Eat Pizza"  by The New York Times?   Or how about these accolades:



Zagat rarely lets me down.

After enjoying the pizza at Eataly, I felt compelled to try it. 





Not your mama's pizza joint.

Like Eataly, this modern-looking establishment features Neapolitan pizza.  Sitting at the bar watching soccer on TV, and placing our order with the Italian bartender, we fell happily into the European vibe.  Service was somewhat aloof and there was a bit of confusion with Daughtress' order, but it was quickly remedied. 

What did I care?  My attention was focused on one thing and one thing only:


My 10-inch round of love.


Pizza Napoletana.  It tasted as good as it looks. 

The tomatoes were fresh and bright, the crust charred and crispy yet a tad chewy, and the garlic shavings and basil provided just enough seasoning.  It was an OMG moment.  Sorry Batali and Bastianich, this pizza reigns supreme.  I also saw several people consuming a thin-crust square pizza that looked favoloso


http://www.adriennespizzabar.com/

Adrienne's Pizza Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment