Thursday, June 9, 2011

Pucker Up for Pickles

I just noticed that I've recently had a flurry of activity on my "In a Pickle Over Pickles" post from last year (http://foodandloathingintampabay.blogspot.com/2010/08/pickle-post.html) , and I realized that I never told you how they turned out.  Well, the most critical people I know, and probably the most critical people most of us know -- our own extended families -- said they were awesome!  Yup, they want more.  No one could be more surprised than I.

So, when you see those kirby cukes, buy them up and make a batch of pickles.  I also can't say enough about the pickyourown.org website.  Everybody loves the jams (in addition to the pickles) that I have made off of this website, and believe me, I am no canning expert. 

And, on the subject of canning, heads up on the $1.39/pint blueberries at Aldi this week.  Get them while you can.  You know what I'll be doing this weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment